THE AUSTRALIAN PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
The Privacy Act outlines the Australian Privacy Principles, which set the minimum standards for how private sector organisations should handle your personal information. We are committed to complying with the Australian Privacy Principles.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
"Personal information" includes information about you that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you.
The personal information collected and stored by us may include your name, date of birth, mobile phone number and email address, sensitive information (see below) and any other personal information which you submit to us, or which others submit to us about you, for the purposes of us administering and managing the Program.
We also hold details of the Program services that you take up or agree to participate in (including their status). If you request a specific service in relation to the Program, we may also collect information from you related to that service, including sensitive information.
If you are a patient, we may collect sensitive information about your health status, information about your weight loss, any goals you have in relation to the treatment or management of your weight loss or your general health.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the administration and management of the Program, we collect personal information including that of patients, in accordance with the Program Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement provided to you when you enrolled in the Program, and available on request from your LivingLite Coordinator by calling 1800 735 311 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information during your enrolment or otherwise online; and
- from third parties involved in the delivery of the Program.
Irrespective of the source of the information, we respect and protect the privacy of your personal information.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Partizan uses your personal information primarily to manage your participation in the Program and for other purposes as notified to you. For example, in connection with the Program, your personal information may be used to:
- enrol or register you for the Program ( to contact you via telephone to provide services if required);
- to ensure your continuing eligibility for the Program;
- provide you with services in connection with the Program, administer and manage the Program in accordance with the Program Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement provided to you when you enrolled in the Program and available on request from your LivingLite Coordinator by 1800 735 311 or emailing email@example.com;
- contact you as necessary regarding matters relating to the Program;
- allow us or other parties involved with the Program to gain an understanding of your relevant health information, including medical history, medical conditions and requirements;
- communicate with third parties involved in the Program;
- report back your de-identified information as pooled data to iNova for internal purposes, reporting, publication, presentation, research or market research purposes; and
- comply with laws on the reporting of adverse events.
You acknowledge and agree that Partizan may use your personal information to provide you with SMS and/or email communications in relation to the Program and the service provided under the Program, including the receipt of reminders and other notifications relating to the Program. If you do not, or you no longer, wish to receive such communications, you may opt out of the receipt of SMS and/or emails or the whole program at any time by:
- Clicking the link in any email communication that directs you to the program opt-out options on the website or replying X to an SMS;
- Clicking the “unsubscribe” link on the program website;
- Calling 1800 735 311; or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partizan will comply with your request as soon as practicable.
Partizan will not use your personal information for any other purposes unless Partizan has your consent to do so or is required to do so by law. If you do not provide personal information when requested, Partizan will not be able to manage your participation in the Program and, as a result, you may not be able to participate.
WHEN WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Partizan in connection with the provision and administration of the Program, including to allow those organisations to provide or assist with:
- patient enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- healthcare services (e.g. health coaches etc.); and
- information technology services; and
- market research.
Your personal information will be stored by Partizan in a database.
DATA SHARING WITH INOVA
HELP US TO ENSURE WE HOLD ACCURATE INFORMATION
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up- to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you and others provide to Partizan. That is why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your email or phone contact details. If you are a subscriber to one of our online products or services, you may change these above-mentioned details by using the relevant facility on our websites.
SECURITY AND RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may hold your personal information in a number of ways, including electronically and in paper format. Partizan takes reasonable steps to protect such personal information from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Personal information that we hold on our systems is protected through the use of secure passwords and other security procedures. Access to personal information is limited to
those who specifically need it to conduct their business responsibilities for the purposes of the Program.
We also maintain physical security procedures to manage and protect the use and storage of paper records containing personal information.
We require our personnel to handle personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act. We educate our personnel about the requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act.
We will keep your information as required in connection with the administration and management of the Program. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
YOU CAN ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to access and ask us to correct your personal information, subject to some exceptions, as prescribed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administration fee for searching for and providing access to your information. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administration fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices or procedures, we ask that you contact us in writing at the address below. We will promptly acknowledge and investigate complaints.
If you do not receive a response to your request in a timely manner or are otherwise unsatisfied with our handling of your request, you may lodge a complaint with The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Details of how to make a complaint are located at http://www.oaic.gov.au/.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on 1800 735 311, or emailing email@example.com.